October, 2016 -- Many thanks to all of you who braved the windy weather (or watched wildlife from a cozy indoor spot), for the Porpathon! on October 1st. We've had reports come in from all around the Salish Sea, and are working to compile the data.
This region-wide wildlife observation event will provide an important snapshot of the local marine environment to assist Pacific Biodiversity Institute research into alleviating human-caused stress on the Salish Sea.
See other recent news, here.
We hope you enjoy this video.
Science to Support Conservation
Our mission is to combine innovative scientific research, education, and technical support to inform, enhance and inspire conservation. Our goal is a rich and enduring biological heritage.
We believe that knowledge changes the game. Our conservation science research fills important knowledge gaps. This has made a significant difference in the protection and management of forests, rivers, deserts, wetlands, and imperiled wildlife species.
We accomplish our mission through:
- Conservation Partnerships
- Assessment of Conservation Opportunities
- Conservation Science Education (including public talks, internet resources and conservation science internships).
- Field Studies and Landscape Analysis
- Sharing our expertise in ecology, botany, wildlife biology, and spatial analysis (GIS) of complex biological, ecological and social phenomenon.
- Learn more...
Copyright © Pacific Biodiversity Institute
PO Box 298, 517 Lufkin Lane
Winthrop, WA 98862 509-996-2490