Volunteer at Pacific Biodiversity Institute
There are many opportunities for volunteers to get involved and help with our projects. You will get to work with a dedicated and knowledgeable staff and other volunteers who are skilled in wildlife biology, ecology, botany, environmental impact assessment, conservation planning, computer mapping and other interesting endeavors.
We are currently seeking volunteers for these specific projects in addition to the other projects described below:
- Harbor porpoise monitoring project (work description). Read more about volunteer opportunities here.
- South American Wildland and Biodiversity Expeditions. Read more about volunteer opportunities on these expeditions here.
- South American Wildlands mapping (work description). Read more about volunteer opportunities here.
- Western gray squirrel project (work description). Read more about volunteer opportunities here.
- Washington Wildlands mapping (work description). Read more about volunteer opportunities here.
More information about these projects is available by browsing the Initiatives menu tab.
We can use help from people in all walks of life. In addition to the above projects, we need volunteers to help us with the following projects:
- organize and catalogue our extensive research library
- organize our herbarium of pressed, dry plant specimens, including help with plant identification/verification
- help with field surveys for imperiled plant and animal species
- help with ecological assessments
- legal help
- accounting help
- help with our community garden project that is focused on growing a sustainable crop of staple foods for our staff and neighboring community
- help with office organization
- help with proof reading documents
- graphic design help
- help with writing brochures, handouts, reports, press releases
- help with fundraising and grant writing
Pacific Biodiversity Institute
PO Box 298, 517 Lufkin Lane
Winthrop, WA 98862 509-996-2490